PLAY, PRACTICE, REPLENISH
January 24-29, 2016
Replenish yourself! Join experienced yoga teachers Misako Matsuoka and Joanie Cartal for a select 6 day retreat in Sayulita, Mexico. Deepen your yoga practice with wonderful Yin Yoga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga classes taught with skill and caring attention by Joanie and Misako. Every day you can join a meditation classes at the rise of the sun. Connect to your playful nature. Enjoy the company of a sweet group of friends. During free time you could take a stand up paddle board lesson, learn to cook an authentic Mexican meal, go out for an excursion, pamper yourself with a massage, linger by the pool, walk on the beach or head out for Salsa dancing. You will have the choice to participate in group activities or to simply enjoy your own company! Early registration is recommended as there is very limited space in this retreat.
Originally a small fishing village, Sayulita has blossomed into a wonderful vacation location. During this retreat, you can explore the town’s beautiful beaches and enjoy the many amenities of the town while still getting an authentic taste of a small Mexican pueblo.
We will stay at Casa Namaste in Sayulita which is a boutique lodging located in a charming neighborhood only two blocks from the town plaza and two blocks from the main Sayulita beach.
- 1 Daily Vinyasa Flow Class
- 1 Daily Yin Yoga Class
- 1 Daily Meditation class
- 2 Healthy meals per day
- 5 Nights accommodations
- 1 Stand-up Paddleboard (SUP) class
- 1 Cooking class
Early Bird Rate by 11/7/15
- Shared room double occupancy: $995
- Private room single occupancy: $1395
Regular Rate by 12/1/15
- Shared room double occupancy: $1295
- Private room single occupancy: $1795
A non-refundable deposit of $250 will reserve your space in the retreat.
For Early Bird Rate remainder of balance is due by 11/7/15. For Regular Rate remainder of balance is due by 12/1/15. Email Misako if you have questions about Reservations.
Sunday, January 24, 2016
- Arrivals and greeting
- Check in 3 pm or later
- 6:00pm Dinner at the Casa
- 8:00pm Yin Yoga & Yoga Nidra
Monday, January 25, 2016 – Wednesday, January 27, 2016
- 7:00am Meditation
- 7:30am Vinyasa Flow Yoga
- 9:00am Breakfast at Casa
- 10:00am Free time / SUP / Activities / Beach/ Town
- 1:00pm Lunch at Casa
- 2:00pm Free time / Activities / Beach / Town
- 5:00pm Yin Yoga
Thursday, January 28, 2016
- 7:00am Meditation & Yoga on the Beach
- 9:00am Breakfast
- 10:00am Free time/ Excursions/ Beach / Town
- 4:30pm Yin Yoga
- 6:00pm Farewell dinner at Terra Sol Beach restaurant with live Mariachi band
Friday, January 29, 2016
- 7:30am Flow & Yin Yoga
- 9:00am Breakfast
- 10am-11am Goodbyes
Sayulita exudes charm and enjoys a semi-tropical climate. It’s palm tree lined cobblestone streets and friendly local population has been kept a world apart from the trendy tourist locations of Mexico. With it’s small town feel it has maintained a safe friendly environment with a welcoming community of locals and expats. Sayulita is a haven for outdoor-enthusiasts. It offers world class surfing, kayaking, snorkeling, boating, fishing, whale watching, cycling, and horseback riding. A day trip to the Marietas Islands gives you access to the world renowned “Hidden Beach” and snorkeling. Sayulita is just 35 miles north of Puerto Vallarta, yet miles away from its congested tourist atmosphere. While still off the beaten path, Sayulita has been discovered by visitors from all over the world, drawn here to experience the beautiful waters, shops, galleries, restaurants and multiple activities.
Winter temperatures in Sayulita average 27C (80F) with sunny, dry days and cool evenings for perfect sleeping temperatures. If you are used to a warm climate, you may need a light sweater or long sleeves at night in January and February, but most people from colder climates find the temperatures at night quite nice.
Casa Namaste in Sayulita is a lovely four bedroom vacation rental located in a charming neighborhood in the southern/central part of Sayulita. Only two blocks from the town plaza and two blocks from the main Sayulita beach, Casa Namaste also offers various accommodation options adjacent to the property. Within the Casa there is a shared common palapa, garden area and pool for all guests that can be used for entertaining, yoga and leisure activities. Casa Namaste boasts a lovely tranquil setting to retreat to after a day at the beach, shopping, or exploring the richness of this quaint Mexican fishing village. Off-street parking, though a car isn’t necessary as we are centrally located to all amenities. All rooms are large, filled with natural light and air circulation. Additionally there is air-conditioning in all the bedrooms. WiFi is included. Purified water comes directly from taps as well as in the shower!
What’s included in this retreat
- 2 daily yoga classes
- 1 SUP class
- 1/2 day of board rental
- 5 nights accommodation
- 2 meals per day
- 1 cooking class
What’s not included in this retreat
- Airport transfer
- Extended stay before or after retreat dates
- Costs for excursions, spa treatments or other activities.
How to Get To Sayulita:
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR). Alaska, United, SouthWest offer flights to PVR. Non stop flights from SFO are available with a flight time of about 3.5 hours.
- Transfer by bus: Exit the airport, walk to your left, cross the sky bridge, and this is where the northbound buses stop. Look for one with Sayulita written in the window. The fare is about 4 USD per person.
- Transfer by shuttle: Upon request. We can help you arrange you a transfer from the airport. Typical round trip rates are $140 per 5 passenger shuttle.
- Transfer by taxi: You can get to the Casa from the airport by taxi. Taxis from the airport costs around 80 USD but use your bartering skills and you should be able to get it down to about $50. Remember, bartering is almost expected other than in shops or restaurants!
Know before you go
- Check in 3 p.m on Sunday 1/24/16. Check out 11am on Friday 1/29/16.
- Passport required. U.S. Citizens do not need a travel visa.
- Accepted currencies on location: United States Dollar, Mexican Peso, ATM’s available at the airport or on town. The airport ATM’s offer a better exchange rate.
- Mobile communication information: There is cell coverage in Sayulita. Check with your local provider about rates in Mexico.
- Electricity information: The currency in Mexico is 110V, the same as the USA.
A non-refundable deposit of $250 guarantees your space in the retreat. The remaining balance is due no later than November 7, 2015 for the early bird rate or December 1, 2015 for the regular rate.
If you cancel three months or more prior to retreat, your entire payment will be refunded less the non-refundable $250 deposit. Less than 3 months before the retreat, payments are not refundable for any reason. Please get travel insurance in case of any of emergencies. No refunds will be given after October 23, 2015. In the unlikely event that the retreat organizers must cancel the retreat, everything paid by you, including the deposit, will be refunded. The retreat organizers, however, cannot be responsible for flights, time off, or any other expense.
Your Yoga Teachers
Misako Matsuoka, E-RYT 500 is known for her mindfulness based yoga teaching style. In her trainings and workshops she skillfully breaks down more complex concepts into simple terms and maintains an open non-dogmatic approach to all styles of yoga. In her classes, Misako teaches from the heart, making the practices available to all ages and all levels of yoga experience with touches of humor and invitations to look deeper inside. Misako is well known in the South Bay area and offers a variety of classes in Yin Yoga, Yin/Yang Yoga, Flow Yoga and Restorative Yoga. http://misakomatyoga.com
Joanie Cartal, E-RYT 500, has been teaching for over the past decade and practicing for more than 3 decades. An endorsed Insight Yoga Instructor
and mentor for the Insight Yoga Institute, founded by Sarah and Ty Powers. She has assisted Sarah both locally and internationally. Drawn to the contemplative practices at a young age, dedicated to ever deepening her explorations of ancient wisdom traditions, Joanie creates a nurturing space for students to connect with their innate inner guidance and wisdom. With many tools in her kit, she offers skillful sequences, effective techniques and innovative approaches of integrating the practice of yoga into body, mind and spirit. yogaandhealingwithjoanie.com