Yin Yoga Immersion: The Strength of Stillness
Yin Yoga Teacher Training Level 2
Yin Yoga is a transformative practice for the body and mind. The passive long held but gentle postures allow releasing of long-held tightness in the deep tissues of the body while recharging the energetic systems. The Yin practice invites the mind inward into a contemplative, meditative state, encourages the balance of effort and ease without strain, and promotes deep connection to the present moment. It is a much-needed healing practice for our modern lives.
This in-depth training will provide you with a solid foundation to teach Yin yoga. You will understand how to include Yin Yoga in a more active class or simply to take your own practice to a much deeper level. Class size is limited to ensure you will have plenty of time for individual attention. This training provides 25 hours of continuing education credit for registered yoga teachers.
In this training you will:
- Receive a manual including specific sequences to take home with you
- Develop a personalized home practice learn how to modify postures for your unique body
- Learn how to set the tone of the class through use of music and reading
- Learn how to teach Yin yoga to your students with hands on assisted support
- Learn how to modify the postures for students limited by restrictions.
- Have the opportunity to both practice teaching yin yoga and receive ffeedback on your teaching style.
Subjects covered include:
- Theory behind Yin Yoga
- How skeletal anatomy informs the variations of postures
- How to support your body with yoga props such as blocks, blankets, sandbags and bolsters
- The connection between meridian theory and fascia
- Yin Yoga philosophy
- Yin breathing techniques
- Understanding of the benefits of postures and techniques.
Location: Breathe Together Yoga, Los Gatos
- Friday 1/19/2018 6-8:30 PM
- Saturday 1/20/2018 1-7:30 PM
- Sunday 1/21/2018 1:30-4:30 PM
- Friday 2/9/2018 6-8:30 PM
- Saturday 2/10/2018 1-7:30 PM
- Sunday 2/11/2018 1:30-4:30 PM
Instructor: Misako Matsuoka, E-RYT500, C-IAYT
Requirements for enrollment:
The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
Questions? Contact Misako below.