Yoga for Insomnia
This sequence is great right before bedtime to help you ease into a good nights sleep. This is also a good sequence to practice during the night if you wake up and find you are unable to return back to sleep. Rather than timing the sequence, use your natural breath count to determine the length of time to stay in the posture.
- Breathing Exercises (Pranayama) or Seated breath count.
- Child’s Pose (Balasana) – 10-20 breaths
- Knee to chest (Eka pada Apanasana) R,L 8 breaths each side
- Reclined Twist R,L (Jathara Parivartasana) 8-16 breaths each side
- Reclined hamstring stretch R,L (Supta Padangustasana) 8 breaths each side
- Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana) 8 breaths
- Pigeon at the Wall hip Stretch R,L 16-20 breaths each side
- Trident legs at the Wall 16 – 24 breaths
- Legs Straight Up the Wall -( Viparita Karani) 16-32 breaths
- Meditation 8-32 breaths