Yin Yoga Teacher Training May/June 2013
Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Yin yoga is one of the fastest growing styles of yoga. Many yoga teachers themselves trained in active Hatha yoga styles are turning to Yin yoga to balance their own practices. The popularity of this style of yoga comes from realization that this quiet, inward looking style of yoga is deeply healing and nurturing for the body and mind. In this quiet and meditative style of yoga, the relaxed floor postures are held passively for 2-5 minutes to lengthen and nourish the connective tissue and fascia, releasing long held tension in the body. This training will teach you the essentials of the Yin yoga practice, including the background theory and how to apply this practice in your home practice or for your students.
This training will include:
- The Essential Yin poses.
- Functional Anatomy of Yin Yoga
- How to support Yin Postures with Props such as blankets, bolsters, and blocks
- Sequences to take home with you.
- The connection between Meridian Theory and Yin Yoga
- 20 Hours CEU’s awarded to Registered Yoga Teachers. An additional fee of $25 for those RYT requesting Yin Yoga Certificate for Continuing Education.
Yoga@Cindys 200hr Teacher Training, Winter/Spring 2013
I am pleased to join the Yoga@Cindys’s TT, as faculty and curriculum coordinator. This teacher training will give you a strong foundation and confidence to teach yoga.
- This an Established Teacher Training with 6 years of successful graduating classes, many of which teach in the area. Some have even gone on to open their own studio
- Non-dogmatic, broad curriculum taught by local experts in their field
- For those who want to teach – you will learn HOW to teach
- Convenient worker-friendly weekend schedule
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Mentoring Program